If you want to sell your home, you need to take some great photos of it. For homes valued at between $400,000 and $500,000, 64% of the homes that had high quality photos taken of them sold within six month. Only 46% of the homes that had simple photos taken with point and shoot cameras sold within that same time frame. For the homes that are valued between $200,000 and one million dollars, houses that had great photos taken with a DLSR camera sold for more than the asking price. For people who want to sell their home, ecommerce product photo editing services may be a great way to start.
6 Tips to Getting the Best Photos of Your Home:
- Avoid the clutter. Your real estate agent wants you to clean out your home for a reason. If they suggested you put half of your stuff in storage before you start showing your home, there are good reasons for that. People are not buying your clutter, they are buying your home. When you take pictures of your house to show to prospective buyers, keep this in mind. You can do a lot with ecommerce product photo editing services but you cannot wipe out the clutter we all have in our homes. Take photos of rooms that are almost empty. Include colorful items such as flowers.
- Make your photos bright and light. Natural sunlight is the best for most photos of homes. Take your pictures during the sunniest part of the day. Open the curtains to let in as much natural light as you can get. If you have windows and skylights, make sure they are really clean before you start taking pictures. If there are parts of your home that you want to showcase but do not get a lot of natural light, you an also use your flash. Luckily you can also use ecommerce product photo editing services to brighten some areas.
- Take a lot of photos. With digital photos you can take as many as you think you need and then take some more. You will need to take a lot more than you think you need to take to get enough. If you have moved your stuff out of your home for doing the photos, you probably do not want to have to go through that process again so take double the photos you think you will need. That way you will definitely have the number that you need and will get the angles and the images you want.
- Consider the height. You may want to take photos of parts of your home from a shorter level that you normally take pictures from. As you are taking the pictures, look at the height. Unless you are really short, you may want to kneel as you are taking the photos to get a better angle for your photos. Keep an eye on the images you have taken and try to be objective.
- Consider different angles. Photos of the exteriors of most homes look a lot better when taken from an interesting angle rather than a direct, straight shot. There are a lot of things you can do with ecommerce product photo editing services but changing the angle is not one of them. Be creative with the angles and you can get a great shot to sell your home.
- If it does not add to the value of your home, do not take pictures of it. Telephone wires and poles, garbage cans and dumpsters, the neighbor’s old, beaten up car are all examples of things you do not need to take pictures of. Just make sure you have all of the things that add value to your home and none of the things that do not.
Photo correction services and ecommerce product photo editing services can and should be used to make the photos you take stand out and be noticed. Professional photos are more likely to be shared than ones taken by amateurs but you can do a lot to make your amateur images look professional. Today’s photo editing software can make a big difference in making your photos look amazing, which will help you sell your home.